Plans are in full swing for the 10th International Conference on Precision Agriculture, coming to Denver in July. More than 300 papers (oral and posters) will be presented at the Conference, to be held in Denver, July 18th-21st, 2010.
Nominations for several awards in different categories will close on Friday April 2nd, 2010. Categories include the following:
- Graduate Student Award(s): Approximately 10 awards will be made to graduate students presenting their research work (oral or poster paper) at the 10th ICPA conference. The award will consist of waived conference registration fees and US$500 cash award. The selected candidates will be honored during the conference award ceremony
- Pierre C. Robert Precision Agriculture Award(s): The Pierre C. Robert Precision Agriculture Award honors individuals who have made significant contributions to precision science and technology. Two awards will be given in this category to a Young and Senior Scientist/Professional. The young scientist/professional must be 42 or younger; the senior scientist/professional over 42. Senior scientist/professional must have 20 or more years of experience majority of which must be in the area of precision agriculture.
Complete details of the awards and submission procedure with requirements are available online at www.icpaonline.org/Awards.
Online registration for the conference also is available, with a discount applied to all registrations prior to June 18. The fee schedule is as follows:
- $550 Full Conference Registration ($650 after June 18, 2010)
- $350 One-Day Registration ($400 after June 18, 2010)
- $500 Speaker Registration ($600 after June 18, 2010)
- $300 Student Registration
Full conference registration includes access to all plenary and breakout sessions, exhibit hall, and poster session; Sunday evening reception, lunch on Monday and Tuesday and all breaks; a proceedings CD, conference program, and conference portfolio bag.
The conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center. The cutoff date for the conference room block and special rate is June 18, 2010.
Finally, there will be two tours offered for conference attendees, spouses, and guests. Tuesday, July 20 will feature a Rocky Mountain and Narrow Gauge Railway Adventure, and Wednesday, July 21 will feature a Rocky Mountain Park and Bear Lake Adventure. More details about the tours is available at the conference website. at www.icpaonline.org.