Manufactured by Trimble and co-marketed by Ag Leader Technology, the EZ-Guide 250 system allows vehicle operators to steer tractors, sprayers, fertilizer applicators, harvesters and other farm vehicles with consistent pass-to-pass accuracy to help save fuel, increase efficiency and reduce input costs for field operations. The system features a 4.3 inch color LCD display that provides real-time “where-applied” coverage mapping and the capability for advanced, easy-to-use guidance patterns.
“With the introduction of the AgGPS EZ-Guide 250 lightbar system, Trimble has set a new standard for affordable guidance solutions,” said Erik Arvesen, general manager of Trimble’s Agricultural Division. “The new entry-level system is economical and packed with features, costing considerably less than comparable solutions available today from any manufacturer.”
“The EZ-Guide 250 offers an economical choice for those who want to make an investment in precision agriculture” says Matt Leinen, Ag Leader’s GPS and guidance product manager. “This lightbar has an easy-to-use interface, an integrated WAAS/EGNOS GPS receiver with sub-meter pass-to-pass accuracy and real-time coverage mapping capabilities. Producers and service providers alike can use this lightbar to increase efficiency and save on input costs for a wide variety of agricultural operations.”
Features of the EZ-Guide 250 lightbar system include:
- Easy out-of-the-box operation with 15 bright guidance LEDs and a simple color user interface.
- High-performance guidance graphics that have only been available with more costly displays.
- FreeForm guidance patternthat allows operators to work in different patterns and shapes that best fit the layout and contours of a specific field.
- OnPath Advanced Filter Technology that provides consistent accuracy in areas where some satellites may be obstructed.
- Built-in GPS receiverthat is fully integrated with the EZ-Guide 250 system’s display, making it easy to move between farm vehicles.
- Built-in USB portthatallows users to record their day’s work and transfer it via flash drive to their office computer for generating printed maps and reports.
- Rugged-cast aluminum housingthat provides reliable operation and durability, especially when quickly moving the EZ-Guide 250 system to and from vehicles.
- Upgrade optionsthat includethe AgGPS EZ-Steer® 500 assisted steering system with T2 terrain compensation technology and the AG15 high-accuracy antenna.
For assisted steering applications, users can expand the capabilities of the new Trimble EZ-Guide 250 with an AgGPS EZ-Steer 500 system. The system’s open architecture also offers farmers greater portability on mixed-fleet farms.