Join the Red River Valley Research Corridor, the City of Grand Forks, and honorary co-hosts U.S. Senators Kent Conrad and John Hoeven, for a unique networking opportunity and in depth look at the developing unmanned systems industry at the UAS Summit Action Summit 2012. The Summit will be held may 22-23 at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks, ND.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Jamie Morin, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller.
- James H. Williams , Federal Aviation Administration, Executive Manager of Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Office.
- Capt. James B. Hoke, U.S. Navy, Persistent Maritime Unmanned Aircraft Systems Program Office.
- Ben Gielow, Government Relations Manager and General Counsel, Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI).
- U.S. Senators Kent Conrad and John Hoeven (Senate schedule permitting).
- U.S. Congressmen Rick Berg and Colin Peterson.
This year’s theme, “From Battle Field to Farm Field,” will examine an entire spectrum of important measures our nation and the industry must consider and prepare for to meet the ongoing use and growth of unmanned, or remotely piloted, systems within the national airspace in defense and commercial applications. Many of the answers to these questions are being pursued through the development and advancement of restricted airspace and advanced sense and avoid technologies.