The Accelerating Precision to Decision Agriculture (P2D) project is supported by funding from the Australian Government’s Department of Agriculture and Water Resources as part of its Rural R&D for Profit program. Led by CRDC, the P2D project involves all Rural Research and Development Corporations, and is focused on three main aims:
- Facilitating the development of digital technology in Australian agriculture.
- Fostering the establishment of appropriate legal frameworks, data systems and access to critical datasets.
- Identifying the data communications systems required to deliver the benefits of digital agriculture to the Australia farm and agribusiness sectors.
In addition, implementing the recommendations from the P2D project will set the stage for increasing the profitability of producers, providing clarity and trust in data ownership and access rights, and stimulating an innovation environment that facilitates the development and adoption of technology. This Summary Report brings together the key findings and aggregates the 67 detailed recommendations into 13 key recommendations. It also provides direction on the next steps required to implement the recommendations.
Six P2D reports have been commissioned to address key areas that are constraining digital agriculture moving towards its promised potential in Australia. These are as follows:
- Producer survey of digital agriculture — The needs and drivers for the present and future of digital agriculture in Australia.
- Data connectivity for digital agriculture
- The legal dimensions of digital agriculture in Australia
- Current and future state of agricultural data for digital agriculture in Australia
- A big data reference architecture for digital agriculture
- Analysis of the economic benefit and strategies for delivery of digital agriculture in Australia
For more information and/or to download these reports, visit www.crdc.com.au/precision-to-decision.