Parrot Announces New Sequoia+ Multispectral Sensor
Tools dedicated to precision agriculture help farmers and agronomists optimize their crop’s ROI and improve their daily productivity. The extreme precision and analysis enables farming experts to make well thought out decisions efficiently.
Parrot has recently developed Parrot Sequoia+, a new generation of its multispectral sensor that allows farmers and agronomists to automatically calibrate multispectral images using Pix4Dmapper or Pix4Dag without the need for a calibration target. This results in a better user experience and more consistent reflectance calculations.
The combination of Parrot Sequoia+ with Pix4D is key in illustrating the approach of Parrot Business Solutions. This approach showcases the expertise the Parrot Group brings to professionals, notably in the agricultural sector, by providing high-value solutions that are both reliable and affordable, thus offering an optimized user experience.
Parrot Sequoia+ & Pix4D: Precise data enables accurate analyses
Thanks to Pix4D’s new radiometric processing pipeline, Parrot Sequoia+ allows for a more consistent evaluation of collected data and improves the user experience by removing the need for a reflectance target.
Farmers and agronomists are able to access absolute reflectance measurements, saving them time and providing highly accurate vegetation index maps (such as NDVI and NDRE) for in-depth analysis.
- Visualize & understand crop health by using very accurate vegetation indices.
- Monitor the evolution of a crop (propagation of a disease or the effect of a treatment).
- Generate management zones and track progress of seeding efforts.
- Optimize fertilizer strategies to improve overall productivity.
- Export accurate map outputs into farm management platforms.