CropX Announces New Soil Intelligence Platform Powered by Deep Sensor
The agricultural industry is in the midst of a smart farming evolution, and the Internet of Things (IoT) era has the potential to dramatically improve farming practices. Today, CropX, an ag analytics innovator, unveiled its latest soil intelligence platform, a powerful combination of cloud-based Ag analytics software and advanced soil sensor technology that continues to deliver industry firsts.
CropX delivers the soil intelligence farmers need to dramatically increase crop yield and reduce water, fertilization and energy costs. Its affordable, easy-to-use soil sensors and intelligence platform that integrate with top irrigation systems let farmers know if/when specific parts of a field need to be watered and how much water they need – via any smartphone, tablet or computer. In fact, recent Beck’s Practical Farm Research (PFR) reports found that CropX-based irrigation produced 16%-24% more yield compared to manual irrigation.
Thanks to enhancements to its ag analytics software platform, CropX customers now also benefit from:
- A painless registration process that allows farmers to instantly access data from newly installed sensors without mapping a field;
- The new ”Field Drawing” capability, which ensures the platform automatically knows important information about a newly installed sensor and the soil it is in based on USDA data, weather and calculated evapotranspiration (ET) for the specific geo-location;
- Immediate anomaly detection that alerts farmers when there might be an issue, such as unusual changes in moisture due to a pipe failure;
- Expansive insights by individual sensors, fields or zones – from current moisture to fill and drainage points;
- The integration of weather data, including three-day ET forecasts;
- And more control over how often sensors send data and who can access data with the addition of transmission and user setting options.
“CropX soil moisture sensors are super easy to install compared to others in the industry,” noted Jason Rodgers of Titan Farms in Ridge Spring, SC. “In addition, the company’s tech support has been great, and the ability to view data allows us to make decisions quickly. CropX is pioneering soil intelligence technology.”
CropX now offers three versions of its unique spiral soil sensor, which all deliver more accurate readings than traditional soil sensors by eliminating soil disruption and preventing preferential flow.
Adding to the capabilities of the CropX Basic Sensor, the CropX Pro Sensor and the CropX Deep Sensor now deliver:
- Global ease of use thanks to expanded compatibility with worldwide cellular systems;
- Increased sensor longevity based on the addition of a USB-compatible rechargeable battery pack;
- Satellite communication capabilities—an industry first;
- Better cloud data connectivity via a faster, self-selecting internal modem that automatically connects the sensor to the cellular service with the most powerful signal;
- And the ability to measure electrical conductivity (EC) salt concentration in the soil as a first step into smart fertilization management.
In addition, the CropX Deep Sensor now gives farmers an easy way to get accurate soil readings at three specific depths. In addition to the 8” and 18” measurements standard in all CropX sensors, the CropX Deep Sensor digs deeper into the soil to give farmers visibility into important moisture, temperature and EC measurements 36” underground. The CropX Deep Sensor, with the standard CropX DIY installation, is ideal for deep-rooted, permanent crops such as grapes.
“Farmers are facing tough business and environmental challenges, and many are overwhelmed by the amount of smart farming options now at their disposal. Unfortunately, many smart farming solutions to date have come with devastatingly high price tags and little value,” said CropX CEO Tomer Tzach. “CropX makes the era of connected soil a reality for farms of all sizes and budgets. Our powerful soil sensors can drive immediate value thanks to our advanced soil intelligence platform, and we aim to continue expanding the value we deliver to farmers in the years ahead.”
CropX continues to accelerate its software platform and soil sensor development, while rapidly expanding its partner network and global market adoption. Its global partner pipeline now spans 15 countries with a focus on geographies that are significant agricultural exporters. The company plans to intensify its research efforts focused on soil health measurements such as carbon, micro-flora and micro-fauna, as well as fertilizer cycle measurement and crop pest outbreak prediction and control measures.