ISPA Announces Opening Of 2016 Award Nominations
The International Society of Precision Agriculture (ISPA) has announced the opening of the nomination period for its 2016 ISPA Awards, which will be announced this summer at the 13th International Conference on Precision Agriculture, July 31 – August 3, 2016, Union Station, St. Louis, MO.
The deadline for nominations is Monday, May 16, 2016.
Brief descriptions of the awards in different categories are listed below (more information is available here):
- Graduate Student Award(s): Approximately 10 awards will be made to graduate students presenting their research work (oral or poster paper) at the ICPA conference. The award will consist of waived conference registration fees and $500 cash award. The selected candidates will be honored during the conference award ceremony.
Click here to download the Graduate Student Awards pdf application form.
- Pierre C. Robert Precision Agriculture Award(s): The Pierre C. Robert Precision Agriculture Award honors individuals who have made significant contributions to precision science and technology. Two awards will be given in this category to a Young and Senior Scientist/Professional. The young scientist/professional must be 42 or younger; the senior scientist/professional over 42. Senior scientist/professional must have 20 or more years of experience majority of which must be in the area of precision agriculture.
Click here to download the Pierre C. Robert Precision Agriculture Awards pdf application form.
The selected candidates will be honored during the conference award ceremony with a Plaque of Achievement and $1000 cash award.
Some important deadlines for the 13th ICPA:
- May 1, 2016 – Full papers due for oral and poster abstracts (more info at author instructions).
- May 16, 2016 – Nominations due for Student and Scientist awards (more info at awards page).
- July 1, 2016 – Hotel room block closes.
- July 1, 2016 – Deadline for author registration. At least one author from each oral and poster presentation must be registered for the conference by this date or the presentation will be removed from the program.
- July 15, 2016 – Early registration discount ends.