The International Society of Precision Agriculture (ISPA) is seeking leadership nominations for consideration during its inaugural organizational meeting at the 10th ICPA Conference in Denver on July 21. The nomination deadline is July 10, 2010.
ISPA is a non-profit professional scientific organization with the mission to advance the science and practice of precision agriculture globally. Its goals include the following:
• Organize and conduct international conferences related to precision agriculture, such as International Conference on Precision Agriculture, European Conference on Precision Agriculture, and other related conferences.
• Develop and maintain a web-portal to communicate the latest developments in Precision Agriculture with the world, and maintain a member listserv to communicate among society members.
• Publish a quarterly ISPA e-newsletter for members and other subscribers.
• Provide members an opportunity for publication original scientific in the society sponsored peer-reviewed journal (International Journal of Precision Agriculture).
The ISPA will be governed by an international Board of Directors consisting of elected officers (President, President-Elect, Immediate Past-President, Secretary and Treasurer). In addition, ISPA will have a part-time paid position of an Executive Director who will provide administrative management and support to the society activities.
Nominating Committee Chairman Dwayne G. Westfall is gathering nominations for the following offices:
1. President — (Two yr appointment) to serve from July 2010 to July 2012 (This person will become the Immediate Past-President from 2012 to July 2014, we will not have an Immediate Past — President position in 2010)
2. President Elect — (Two yr appointment) to serve from July 2010 to July 2012, and then move up to President for July 2012 to July 2014 and then Immediate Past-President in 2014.
3. Secretary — (Two yr appointment) to serve from July 2010 to July 2012
4. Treasurer — (Four yr appointment) to serve from July 2010 to July 2014
The elected Board of Directors will appoint an Executive Director, who will provide administrative management and support to the society activities.
In addition, nominations are being accepted for country representatives — two members from each country to be represented in the society to champion the mission and purpose of ISPA in their respective countries.
Nominations can be sent to Dwayne Westfall via email at [email protected] The deadline is July 10.
The ISPA will have the first business meeting at the 10th ICPA conference in Denver at 10:30 A.M. on July 21. For more information on ISPA visit the website at www.internationalsocietyofprecisionagriculture.org