The new AF-Viewer II is scheduled to be released April 15, 2008. AF-Viewer II software is compatible with virtually all AutoFarm GPS steering systems currently in use: A5 RTK AutoSteer, DGPS AutoSteer, RighTrac, OnTrac, and ATC, as well as the new FarmPRO GPS Steering & Application Control System.
AF-Viewer II software is Windows based and runs on Windows versions 2000 and higher. It will collect and store field management data and allow users to Read and Write from any of the AutoFarm terminals via datacards or USB key depending on products.
AF-Viewer II offers the following capabilities:
• Set-up files on Farms, Fields, Crops, People, Equipment, Products/Supplies (Seed, Fertilizer, Chemicals)
• Reads coverage maps and boundaries created with AutoFarm hardware
• Allows customers to collect and save in a structured archive all field data collected with AutoFarm hardware
• Create a job with summary information and a map that are linked together
• Jobs and Maps exportable via ArcView Shape File or FODM (XML) file
• Print “Job Reports” that give a small map along with job summary (exportable in Adobe pdf, Word and Excel)
• Works in Standard and Metric Measurement Systems
• Supports multiple languages (English, Spanish, French, German, Danish)
• Tracks precise areas tilled, planted or sprayed
Justin Larouche, AutoFarm Director of Product Management says, “It is AutoFarm’s intent to make our new AF-Viewer II software available to our existing customers at no charge, as long as they register their AutoFarm steering systems with a product serial number. This adds great additional value for our existing customers.”
“AutoFarm customers will find that AF-Viewer II can streamline their work and reduce many tedious tasks. The integrated software allows them to focus time and attention on critical field work while keeping accurate and timely job records. It not only makes them more productive, these records are often a legal requirement of government agencies, farm management firms or landowners,” adds Larouche.
AF-Viewer II is fully compatible with other products available from Farm Works for customers requiring more elaborate precision farming tools such as VRT, Soil Sampling or Finance Management.
For more information visit www.gpsfarm.com