Trimble recently introduced the AgGPS EZ-Office 2010 software suite of products designed to help farmers easily map and manage field data, providing seamless field-to-office information management.
EZ-View, EZ-Office and EZ-Office Pro focus on data management in the office, while EZ-Office Mobile software runs on the Trimble Nomad or Juno SB handheld Global Positioning System (GPS) computers in the field.
The new EZ-Office 2010 suite of software products is designed to help farmers and agronomists keep accurate and timely job records, allowing them to focus on critical field operations. Trimble EZ-View software is a free application that allows farmers to view and print basic reports from data collected by the Trimble EZ-Guide 250, EZ-Guide 500, and FmX integrated display. With EZ-View software, farmers can also create names for their fields ahead of time that can be transferred to the EZ-Guide 250, EZ-Guide 500 or FmX integrated display using a USB drive, saving setup time on the display. EZ-View reports detailed job information such as total acres covered, application rates, and total time spent for a job.
Trimble EZ-Office 2010 combines powerful mapping with ease-of-use and enhanced importing and exporting functionality. As the tractor, sprayer, implement or other vehicle moves through the field, the in-cab display records the activity. Recorded information from the display can be seamlessly transferred to the EZ-Office software via a USB memory drive for an easy-to-use record keeping and reporting solution which includes field and crop management, vehicles, operators, staff, and crop inputs. Examples of crop and field management data that can be collected and stored by EZ-Office software include:
- Guidance line data from Trimble displays
- Precise areas tilled, planted or sprayed
- Specific “as-applied” data showing how much seed, fertilizer, and crop protection chemical has been applied
- Yield data can be imported from the FmX display as well as many other popular systems
- Google Maps™ background images and support for other imagery
- Trimble EZ-Office Pro 2010 includes all the features of EZ-Office plus additional tools for information analysis:
- Flexible formula-based prescription map generation
- Automated multi-year yield map averaging for discovering consistently high and low yielding areas of a field
- Integration of financial data with precision farming operations for profit map analysis
Trimble EZ-Office Mobile 2010 enables farmers to map field operations data, such as field boundaries, farm drainage tile lines, field obstacles and weed infestations, while on foot, in a pickup truck or from an all-terrain vehicle (ATV).The field imagery tool allows crop scouts to utilize the built-in GPS receiver and digital camera on the Nomad or Juno SB handheld computers to capture geo-referenced photos of problems such as weeds and insects. EZ-Office Mobile 2010 is available bundled with the field-tough Nomad or compact Juno SB handheld computers that transfer data directly to EZ-Office and EZ-Office Pro via a USB cable.
The Nomad rugged field computer features a high-resolution sunlight-readable display and a wide range of features, including:
- 15-hour hot-swappable Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) battery that can work all day without a recharge
- Integrated GPS and a color digital camera
The compact Juno SB is a durable field computer that integrates a rich array of functionality, including photo capture and integrated GPS positioning. Key features of the Juno SB include:
- 3 megapixel camera
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Long-life battery (typically 14 hours with backlight ON and GPS OFF, or 8 hours with backlight and GPS ON)
- Lightweight and compact
“The new EZ-Office software products help take the stress out of the vital, but often tedious record keeping and data management tasks for crop growers,” said Erik Arvesen, vice president and general manager for Trimble’s Agriculture Division. “These records are not just the foundation data for making precision farming practical and more productive—for some operators, they can be the legal records required by government agencies, landlords and farm management firms.”
The EZ-Office 2010 software is priced at US$850 MSRP and includes an Update Service Plan which provides the customer with 12 months of updates and 12 months of phone support. The EZ-Office Pro 2010 is an additional US$400 MSRP (EZ Office is required). The EZ-Office Mobile 2010 is bundled with a Nomad handheld at US$2,800 MSRP or a Juno handheld at US$1,425 MSRP.
The EZ-Office 2010 software suite is now available through Trimble’s agriculture distribution channel. For more information, including the location of your nearest Trimble reseller, call 1-800-865-7438 or visit www.trimble.com/agriculture. The EZ-Office software is designed and developed by Farm Works Software, a division of Trimble.