With rising input costs, the payback period for new advances in precision technology has improved significantly for growers, especially when it comes to applying liquid fertilizer, ammonia and crop protection products. The cost savings for Switch Pro automatic section control can vary from 5% to 30% vs. manual operation, depending on the shape and size of the field, the type of application and the actual equipment/system used.
Growers using any of Raven’s spray controllers, like the Raven 440, can now upgrade to one of Raven’s multi-function field computers using Raven’s new Switch Pro automatic section control capability. Switch Pro plugs directly into Raven’s Envizio Pro or Viper Pro field computer, giving growers a powerful new management duo for greater savings in time, labor and materials. Switch Pro’s single product, automatic on-off section control is ideally suited for nearly all spray equipment — and is easily installed with existing cabling. With a Raven field computer, Switch Pro improves coverage while avoiding no-spray zones and previously sprayed areas for chemical savings of up to eight percent or more.
Switch Pro features include the following:
• Ten boom switches and master control at your finger tips
• Toggle switches override AccuBoom by boom section
• Simple increase/decrease switch to either bump rate or manually control flow
• Interfaces with Envizio Pro or Viper Pro field computers
• Mounting systems and compact design reduces cab clutter
• Simple installation (uses existing 440, 450 or 4400 console cables)
• ccuBoom control is standard (no additional charge for this great money-saving technology)
• Precision liquid control or NH3
For more information visit Raven’s Web site for precision products.