The two companies have collaborated to produce a GPS steering system in a custom-designed kit that provides a factory-installed look for MacDon-built machines. The new system takes full advantage of AutoFarm technology in hands-free GPS steering.
“This is the first hands-free steering system for swathers that really delivers high accuracy, repeatability and reliability while maintaining a clear operator environment,” says Richard Kirkby, product manager for MacDon tractor and hay products.
Wade Stewart, AutoFarm field marketing manager adds, “The collaboration with MacDon has been an outstanding team effort. We have fully integrated our GPS AutoSteer into the hydraulic system of MacDon’s swathers to produce high accuracy, repeatable, hands-free steering with the only physical component inside the cab being our color touchscreen display. MacDon is even equipping all of their 2009 M Series units with our remote engage feature in a button conveniently mounted in the speed stick handle for easy access.”
Key features and benefits of AutoFarm AutoSteer on MacDon-built swathers include:
- AutoFarm AutoSteer operates on WAAS, OmniSTAR (DGPS) or RTK correction signals at speeds up to 11 MPH to significantly speed up harvest productivity
- Hands-free steering dramatically reduces operator stress and fatigue
- High-accuracy AutoSteer produces a continuously full header for more acres per hour, reduced fuel consumption and consistently uniform windrows for easier, faster baling or chopping
- Producing windrows of uniform, equal widths results in more even and predictable drying of crop material, and faster baling, chopping or combining by reducing load fluctuations
- AutoFarm’s renowned fast line acquisition gives quick line up on the next pass, a major time saver with large width headers like MacDon’s D Series drapers or thehigh speed R series disc headers
- Using GPS AutoSteer for windrowing allows subsequent operations (balers, forage harvesters, combines) to use the same heading which increases productivity while also providing stress relief for the operators of those machines
- AutoFarm AutoSteer software allows swathers to work straight A-B lines or degree headings, curved paths or pivot circles — to fit any shaped field
- Modular design of the AutoFarm AutoSteer system allows fast, easy transfer to different tractors, sprayers or combines using optional switch kits
AutoFarm hands-free GPS steering is designed for MacDon-built M and 9000 Series Windrower Tractors and is scheduled to be unveiled November 5, 2008 at Agri-Trade in Red Deer, Alberta. The factory installed remote engage will be standard on all 2009 models, optional on prior year models.
For more information visit the AutoFarm Web site.