Today’s planter technology allows producers to place seeds precisely where they want them. Now, thanks to Case IH and Precision Planting, producers can take that technology to a new level by adding valuable new options that fit their individual needs.
“Producers can leave their trusted Case IH dealership with a new or used Early Riser planter customized to their specifications — with the right amount of technology to meet their individual goals,” said Dan Klein, Crop Production Marketing Manager at Case IH. “They don’t have to buy any more or any less than they desire.”
When producers order a new Precision Planting-ready Early Riser 1255, it leaves the factory with the right components to make adapting this technology convenient and cost effective. Their new planter arrives at the dealership from the factory ready to accept the Precision Planting components the grower wants.
“The producer is in control,” Klein said. “They don’t have to take what the factory sends them, then strip off the parts they don’t need and replace them with the ones they wanted in the first place. Perhaps most important, it’s all accomplished at their Case IH dealership, making it truly a one-stop shop for the latest planter technology.”
The Early Riser brings together the best row unit with the latest technology from Precision Planting.
“Every producer strives for rows and rows of evenly spaced plants growing at the same height
and stage,” Klein said. “That starts when the seed goes into the ground — planted at the proper depth with uniform soil pressure all around the seed and good soil-to-seed contact.”
The Early Riser planter capitalizes on Agronomic Design from Case IH. Producers can choose to add any or all Precision Planting components, depending on which they feel will deliver the greatest value to their operation:
- CleanSweep: Producers can adjust residue managers from the tractor cab. Air cylinders provide flexibility and enhanced performance to clear residue, resulting in improved emergence, without going too deep and creating trenches.
- vDrive with vSet: This electric meter-drive system prevents overlaps and provides contour control to maximize seed placement and accuracy. It maintains the prescribed population on each row for optimum yield potential. The vSet vacuum meter system provides industry-leading singulation accuracy with no need for adjustments.
- 20/20 SeedSense: With this real-time, row-by-row, performance monitoring, producers can make decisions on the go. It provides clear visibility to diagnose planting errors, down pressure, control depth and evaluate seeding performance.
- FieldView and FieldView Plus: This wireless, cloud-based system puts all field and planting data at the producer’s fingertips by turning monitor data into a high-definition picture of planter performance. Producers can use this information to drive decisions anywhere, anytime through an iPad.
- DeltaForce: For the most accurate seed depth across varying soil conditions, DeltaForce provides hydraulic down pressure on every row. DeltaForce also can lift the row unit to optimize seed placement in soft soil.
“When you combine our industry-leading row unit and its reduced side wall compaction and two-stage closing system with Precision Planting technology, producers end up with a planter specifically suited to their individual goals. It’s fully adaptable for their operation and where they see the greatest value and return on investment,” Klein said.
Access to the latest technology isn’t limited to new equipment, Klein noted. Producers who already own Case IH planters can obtain the Precision Planting parts they desire through the parts department at their Case IH dealership.
Whether the planter is new or existing, producers can count on outstanding support from their Case IH dealer. Each Case IH dealership offering Precision Planting technology must meet high standards:
- Maintain Case IH Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) certified status
- Have two Precision Planting certified representatives on staff
- Have a MeterMax test stand for row unit meter calibrations
“Case IH is excited to bring producers the option to customize their new or existing Case IH planters for the 2015 planting season, along with the ability to do so at the level that’s best for them and their farm,” Klein said. “Case IH and Precision Planting continue to work together to bring yield-boosting designs and options to producers looking to get the most out of every acre.”