The World Agri-Tech Innovation Summit returns to San Francisco on March 20-21, gathering over 600 major global agribusinesses, investors and ag tech start-ups to share the latest thinking and ground-breaking technologies that are transforming the agri-food sector, one of the fastest-growing markets in the world.
Hosted by Rethink Events, the summit features a 60-strong speaking faculty, including Howard Yana Shapiro of MARS, Matt Barnard of Plenty, Charles Baron of Farmers Business Network (FBN), Robb Fraley of Monsanto, Cameron Holbrook of Amazon Web Services, and William Buckner of The Noble Foundation.
The program focuses on the most fascinating areas for ag tech innovation in 2018:
- Rethinking Yield & Nutrition: Genomics & Cloud Biology
- Monetizing the Microbiome: Healthy Soils, Healthy Animals, Healthy People
- Satellites, IoT and Edge Computing
- On Farm Robotics, AI & Automation: From Specialty Crops to Row Crops
- The Agricultural Supply Chain of the Future
- Asia’s Big Bet on Agricultural Disruption
The event will also unveil the most exciting talent emerging from ag tech start-ups during three Technology Showcase pitching sessions.
Now in its fourth year in San Francisco, the summit has grown to include a number of additional opportunities for delegates to find new business and meet potential partners:
- Acceleration fund Radicle Growth will offer $250,000 in investment to the winner of the World Agri-Tech Pitch Day and the Radicle Challenge on Monday March 19
- Delegates will have the opportunity to deep-dive into today’s hottest topics in breakout workshops focused on Vertical Farming and Blockchain
- International delegations from Argentina and Australia will host breakfast briefings highlighting opportunities for U.S. companies in these fast-growth markets
- AgFunder will present its annual Innovation Awards on the first evening of the summit, followed by a networking reception for all attendees
The Summit is supported by major partners including Cambridge Consultants, Conservis, Inocucor, Iteris, Lazard, Monsanto, Morrison Foerster, Pivot Bio, Precision Biosciences, Trimble, and Stockton Group.
For more information, visit www.worldagritechusa.com.